Thursday, December 24, 2020

2020 Fades Into 2021

 Howdy Friends, 

As Christmas is upon us and I am looking back on the last 10 months of 2020, I am both humbled and toasted all at once! 

Humbled because of all of the support I have received from my students, fans, friends and family during what has been a very challenging year. Toasted, because of the sheer number of classes and private lessons that I did this year! Content creation this year was off the charts! 

Making ones living as a troubadour, has never been about mining music's monetary goldmine, but rather the love of craft and connection with ones students and fans. But who amongst the legion of professional musicians that I know, was actually ready for what happened around the 2nd week of March 2020? 

The gig economy crashed and while we all jumped onto FB live, it was fine for a month or two, before it became a mess o' madness. 

When Corona hit I lost a years salary in under 8 weeks, via cancelled gigs, classes, festivals, concerts, as well as royalties from book sales that crashed when brick and mortar music stores closed shop, curtailed hours or patrons put off in-store shopping trips. 

They say that when one door closes another opens...

Much to my surprise, Brass Bell Music of Milwaukee agreed to host a once a month class on their FB page and Mead Library of Sheboygan agreed to have me on Mondays.

To supplement these classes I took on a dozen private students and created a Zoom Webinar schedule for more in-depth, theme based classes like my Uke n The Blues Series {1920's, 30's and 50's} 

Here's a sample of what's to come {plus 6 more on my website!} You can register for these via www.lilrev.com Zoom links are sent out 3 to 4 days prior to the class. Most classes are $35.00 unless its a two part class. 


Now, back to Mead Library....

Pre-Corona, you could find me leading regular ukulele courses at the library as well as one off performances and our monthly ukulele club meeting. 

Mead has been a huge supporter of community education, makers space classes and my local music escapades. I am most grateful to them. A finer library, you won't find in all of the America's! 

So after 10 busy months of teaching ukulele, Mead has recently agreed to continue my Monday 6:30pm  CT Virtual Ukulele Classes Streaming Live on their FB page thru 2021 {or until its safe to return to the in-person classes at the library.} 

Here's the schedule for January 2021. The classes are free, though tips are appreciated. Music is posted for each class on The Sheboygan Ukulele Club Google Drive, which you can access on the home page of my website: www.lilrev.com  {scroll down and look for the brown tab that says Sheboygan Uke Club, click on it and look for the name and or date of class}. 


I love you like a ukulele!

I hope to see you online in 2021! 

Lil Rev

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                   Lil Rev @ Sam Ash in Clearwater, FL                                      ...